Want to serve your blog for FREE?
Host your website for FREE in Netlify using Ghost headless CMS and Gatsby JAMStack starter pack. Host your Ghost CMS in your local or deploy it in a production server using AWS, DigitalOcean, Heroku, or GCP.
Netlify account – FREE!
A domain (you can buy it here Namecheap – optional)
Node.js (download the current LTS version v12)
Download Ghost Gatsby JAMStack
1npm install ghost-cli@latest -g2npm install -g gatsby-cli
Start Ghost 3.0 locally
Open the Terminal and go to “ghost” directory.
ghost start or
ghost install local to it. The Ghost 3.0 CMS located in http://localhost:2368
Integration of Gatsby to Ghost API using Setting’s Integration page
- Add custom integration in Setting’s Integration (http://localhost:2368/ghost/#/settings/integrations/) page
- Copy API URL & Content API Key in Setting’s Integration page
- Replace the URL and key in gatsby-config.js of ghost-gatsby-jamstack/gatsby-starter-ghost/ directory.
gatsby develop to gatsby-starter-ghost folder.
- Push your repository to your on Git repository.
Always check the images for more info. Check Ghost-Gatsby-Jamstack Github Repository for more commands in Gatsby and Ghost-CLI.
Ghost & Gatsby CICD on Netlify
- Create a Netlify account in https://www.netlify.com/
- Create a Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket account.
- Make a repository in your Git account, ex name: my-blog
- Git Push the folder
ghost-gatsby-jamstackin your my-blog repository.
- Connect your Git account’s repository and branch in Netlify (Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket)
- Wait for your site to be built. ^_^
Congratulations on your new free blog!
Check Ghost-Gatsby-JAMStack repository for more info.