Want to serve your blog for FREE?
Host your website for FREE in Netlify using Ghost headless CMS and Gatsby JAMStack starter pack. Host your Ghost CMS in your local or deploy it in a production server using AWS, DigitalOcean, Heroku, or GCP.
- A GitHub, Bitbucket, or Gitlab account
- Netlify account – FREE!
- A domain (you can buy it here Namecheap – optional)
- Node.js (download the current LTS version v12)
Download Ghost Gatsby JAMStack
Download or fork this Github project repository ghost-gatsby-jamstack. Check the repository for more guides. https://github.com/rommelporras/ghost-gatsby-jamstack
Download NPM Dependencies: Ghost-CLI and Gatsby-CLI
npm install ghost-cli@latest -g npm install -g gatsby-cli
Start Ghost 3.0 locally
Open the Terminal and go to "ghost" directory.
ghost start or
ghost install local to it. The Ghost 3.0 CMS located in http://localhost:2368
Integration of Gatsby to Ghost API using Setting's Integration page
- Add custom integration in Setting's Integration page
- Copy API URL & Content API Key in Setting's Integration page
- Replace the URL and key in gatsby-config.js of ghost-gatsby-jamstack/gatsby-starter-ghost/ directory.
gatsby developto gatsby-starter-ghost folder.
- Push your repository to your on Git repository.
*Always check the images for more info. Check https://github.com/rommelporras/ghost-gatsby-jamstack for more commands in Gatsby and Ghost-CLI.
Ghost & Gatsby CICD on Netlify
- Create a Netlify account in https://www.netlify.com/
- Create a Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket account.
- Make a repository in your Git account, ex name: my-blog
- Git Push the folder ghost-gatsby-jamstack in your my-blog repository.
- Connect your Git account's repository and branch in Netlify (Github, Gitlab, or Bitbucket)
- Wait for your site to be built. ^_^
Congratulations on your new blog / CMS!
Check Ghost-Gatsby-JAMStack repository for more info.